OVERVIEW: PRIVATE EVENTS AT THE CAFE DU NORD & SWEDISH AMERICAN HALL
TWO UNIQUE SAN FRANCISCO EVENT VENUES AT ONE GREAT LOCATION!
Both Café Du Nord and the Swedish American Hall are available to rent for your private party. Each venue has its own distinctive turn-of-the-century design and ambiance, combining old world charm with state-of-the-art services to give your wedding, private party, or corporate function a signature feel, one that is truly San Franciscan.
To inquire about the availability and pricing of renting our event spaces for your private party please Click here to send us an email or call our office at 415-861-5016.
We Specialize In:
OVERVIEW OF OUR UNIQUE PRIVATE EVENT SPACES
CAFÉ DU NORD
The Café Du Nord was recently chosen as one of the "Ten Most Beautiful Music Venues in California" by California Home and Design. The room has everything one loves about “old San Francisco.” Stepping down into the lush Victorian ambiance of our former speakeasy is stepping back into time. With its forty-foot mahogany bar, red interior and hand-carved beams it is easy to visualize your boss, wife and friends having a grand ol’ time in the best of Barbary Coast traditions. You can relax knowing that our history of excellence in food, drink and entertainment is your key to an unforgettable party. For more information regarding the Café Du Nord click here.
SWEDISH AMERICAN HALL
The Swedish American Hall was erected in 1907 by the famed Swedish architect, Augustus Nordin, who designed more than 350 buildings in San Francisco including the famous Buena Vista Café at Fisherman’s Wharf. This beautiful historic building is a testament to Swedish craftsmanship and design. Each of its five event rooms on three upper floors above the Café Du Nord are distinct in character and imbued in Old World charm. The Hall’s centerpiece, the Freja Ballroom, is church-like (in fact, church services are offered every Sunday) with its high gabled ceiling, red skylights, heavy oak beams, ornate filigree and warm maple dance floor. The Hall’s floor plan allows for maximum flexibility to accommodate your one-of-a-kind wedding, private party or corporate event. For more information regarding the Swedish American Hall click here.
THE “DU LUXE”
A popular offering for our high-rollers is the “Du Luxe” package which is both event venues combined. This package is ideally suited for those who want two distinct settings under one roof. It is especially great for weddings when you desire a serene ceremony upstairs in our ballroom and a wild party downstairs at the Café Du Nord; or for a corporate networking event with workshops, seminars and product displays on floors one, two and three, and a networking mixer downstairs in the Café Du Nord.
AND WITH EVERY PRIVATE EVENT BOOKING YOU GET...
• YOUR PRIVATE EVENT TEAM. The Café Du Nord and the Swedish American Hall are more than two unique, historic live music venues. We are a hands-on, dedicated service team whose goal it is to make your private event an resounding success. Each event is personally supervised by owners, Kerry LaBelle and Guy Carson, who collectively have more than 35 years experience in the industry, and who along with their hand-picked team of professionals, produce more than 400 concerts and private events each year. To meet your Private Event Team click here.
• ONE-STOP SHOPPING. At the Café Du Nord and the Swedish American Hall, we make private events our business throughout the year and we are absolutely passionate about it. Our mission is to provide you with everything you need to insure your event’s success including but not limited to:
- Complete Staffing
- Customized Bar Arrangements
- Floral Arrangements, Decorations
- In-House Catering (including Menu planning assistance)
- IT Services
- Professional In-house Sound Systems
- Specialty Lighting
- Stage Production and Technical Support
- Talent Buying and Booking Services
• FLEXIBILITY & AFFORDABILITY. The beauty of our operation is the built-in flexibility. Having two different event spaces within one building allows us maximum flexibility in accommodating the size, design and implementation of your event. From large scale corporate events that occupy all 6 rooms on all four floors to small meetings of 25 or more, we have the room and time for you. And though we specialize in producing one-of-a-kind, turn-key events , we also can accommodate “do-it-yourselfers.” This is especially true upstairs in the Swedish American Hall where you are free to cater and produce your own event under the watchful eyes of our Event Managers.
• CENTRAL LOCATION AND ACCESSIBILITY. Our event venues are located in the very heart of San Francisco, on Market (between Church and Sanchez Streets) in the bustling, up-scale neighborhood known as the Upper Market District. Market is the major traffic corridor bisecting the City and as such is as easily accessible to the outlying neighborhoods as it is to the Financial District or SOMA. The street is heavily trafficked by cabs throughout the evening and into the early morning hours. Half a block down is Church Street Station, a Muni Metro Subway Station which serves all lines. On the surface is a major, well-lit intersection crossing the 22 Fillmore and the F lines.
• PARKING AND/OR VALET PARKING ARRANGEMENTS. Reserved or valet parking can be arranged for an extra fee at one of several lots in the neighborhood. Likewise, limited curbside parking is available.